Today I wanted to share with you one of my favorite summer outfits. I love wearing earthy tones even in the summer, so these olive green shorts from the gap outlet seemed to be the perfect fit for this outfit. I had been searching for the perfect white off the shoulder top forever, and I was finally able to find it for a super affordable price at Forever 21. As for the sandals, I wanted to keep it nice and simple. I found these super adorable Valentino look-a-likes at Target for a great price! Gotta love Target, right? I found my bag at Shopjandg.com and the owner, Jerusha was very nice and gave me a coupon code for y'all! Use the code "laceups" to get some $ off your purchase.
top: forever 21 | shorts: gap | sandals: target | bag: shopjandg
I also wanted to share things you can do this summer, so that maybe you can get some ideas on how to spend your summer vacation.
So for me, traveling isn't always an option. Summer can become very long and unproductive, but only if you let it. Here are some suggestions on what to do this summer to keep you busy and having fun.
1. Explore your city. It is always fun to come across a new restaurant or secret garden right in your home town. It doesn't take much time or money to look around and find events and places you've never been to right at home.
2. Plan a stay-cation. Stay in a nice hotel for a night. Order room service, relax at the pool, and sleep in as long as you want! Not going out of town while everyone else does may seem like a bad thing, but you can always take some time for yourself near home.
3. Catch up with friends. School work is finally not an issue, so take the summer to finally catch up with those girlfriends you haven't had a chance to hang out with! This is something that I need to work on making time for, because the worst thing you can do is lose a good friend for not making time for them.
4. Start that dream blog, youtube channel, etc. There is nothing in the way and you can finally start doing those things you love without making any excuses. I truly want to start making youtube videos again, so hopefully I have a chance to work on that this summer.
5. I know that this may seem so boring, but take a summer course. It doesn't even have to be school related. It can be something that you've always wanted to try such as a salsa class or a photography class! You'll have something to keep you busy throughout the week while learning to do something that you love.
Let me know what your plans are this summer! As always, thank you so much for taking the time to read this post.